This is a controversial non-parenting topic, and before I start I want to say that I am seeking to understand, that I can be convinced by rational argument, that I am genuinely interested in different opinion. So please don’t flay me.
Right, here goes. Continue reading
You know you’re tired when you start writing a post…and then fall asleep before you remember to finish it. However, I’m sure it’s still Tuesday somewhere in the world, so here’s this week’s Ten Thoughts Tuesday post:
1. This week, Victoria’s Secret has popped up on my radar.
2. Now, when I have visited the US (as a college student and older) in the past I have loved stocking up on VS stuff, which is difficult to get hold of outside the US.
3. But this week there has been a flurry of controversy over the ‘Pink’ line and the ‘Bright Young Things’ campaign.
Here’s a photo of a UK department store which is selling toy cookware in pink and blue ranges, and which is causing me some conflict.
This week I am very aware that (a) I’ve been out for dinner twice and (b) the Easter holiday is coming up.
It’s sad but since I’ve started this mission to get fit, I find eating out and going on holiday stressful. After all, I just know that healthy eating and exercising is probably about to go out of the window. So this past week (and this following week) is about trying to minimize the damage with pre-emptive exercise.
Unwanted advice is part and parcel of having a baby. From your mother-in-law, sister, lady at the post office, taxi driver, person you’re trying to desperately maneuver your stroller around on the sidewalk….
People are going to give you advice, often at times when you don’t want to hear it, and often you will think that it is complete and utter nonsense. You will get fed up. You will get angry. You will want to tell them to keep their nose out of your life.
We continue with the Ten Thoughts Tuesday challenge!
Here are this week’s musings:
1. Somehow I’ve ended up with a million things to do today and tomorrow, so this will be quick.
2. This week, the Steubenville, Ohio sexual assault case has caught my eye.
3. For many reasons which worry me as a parent.
4. But also because of the way some media reports have apparently focussed on how the offenders’ lives have been affected by the guilty verdict….at the expense of the victim’s life.
It’s been a manic week, so I’ve been mainly limited to walking (and this is going to be a short post as it’s totally catching up with me). I was amazed to find that I’d dropped another kilo at this week’s weigh-in, so don’t let anyone tell you that walking isn’t exercise!
This week’s report: