We continue with the Ten Thoughts Tuesday challenge!
Here are this week’s musings:
1. Somehow I’ve ended up with a million things to do today and tomorrow, so this will be quick.
2. This week, the Steubenville, Ohio sexual assault case has caught my eye.
3. For many reasons which worry me as a parent.
4. But also because of the way some media reports have apparently focussed on how the offenders’ lives have been affected by the guilty verdict….at the expense of the victim’s life.
5. No doubt these boys will carry the stigma of ‘sex offender’ with them in the future, their lives will of course be affected…but the victim will also have to live her life having been sexually assaulted.
6. She will have to carry that around with her, and hopefully overcome the trauma.
7. But at the end of the day, those boys’ lives are affected because of a choice they made.
8. The victim didn’t choose.
9. I admit that it’s been a busy week and I haven’t followed this case as closely as I would have liked.
10. So if I’ve missed something do let me know.
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday 7
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday 6
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday 5
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday 4
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday 3
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday 2
- Ten Thoughts Tuesday