1. Today, I am reminded why I now limit watching the news.
2. In my pre-baby life, I was an avid news-watcher / reader / listener.
3. But now, well, I’m still too hormonal to deal with many of the horrible things the news brings into my life.
4. A single news item can prey on my mind for days.
5. I also feel the need to shield BabyBoy and BabyGirl, even though they’re too young to comprehend the words.
6. They’re still young enough to have the TV, radio and Internet completely turned off.
7. Today, I heard about the explosions at the Boston marathon.
8. My thoughts and prayers are with those affected.
9. And for the first time, I began to think about how to explain tragedy to children.
10. And I came across this wonderful quote:
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'” – Fred (Mister) Rogers